Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

We've spent today cooking and cleaning. Ry made homemade potato rolls and red lentil sloppy joe's which we intend to take over to my aunt's house to nosh on while every one else enjoys ham. I have to say that even though we've been vegetarian and about half vegan for eight months now, my desire for meat on a holiday intensifies because we can't partake in the same special meal as the rest of the family. Although, today I sampled the sloppy joes and I am looking forward to them, so props Ry!

I didn't do as much cooking as Ry, but I did some raw vegan baking. I used a recipe from a vegan blog called Chocolate Covered Katie to make snickerdoodle balls.


Snickerdoodle balls mixed with the famous Knudson vegan truffles (with due credit given to my former RA Nick Roberts who initially shared the recipe).

Here are just a few pics to showcase the holiday cheer around our house:


Mantel and tree shot from the couch.


Christmas cards on the fridge.


Pinecones from our wedding in a basket.


Kissing ball brought all the way back from Medford.


Music box, a gift from my babysitter on my first Christmas.


Ice lantern made by my Mom.


Piggy with a candy cane in its mouth snow globe.


Mantel detail with cloth garland that I inherited from my family and art in the background. Again, repurposed wedding decorations!


Winterberry bouquet to spruce up the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment