Monday, January 24, 2011

Margaritas Are Good

On a much lighter note than my last post, I'd just like to say that homemade grapefruit margaritas are good. That's all.

Oh, also, board games are fun.

Right now in our family we are very obsessed with the board game Settlers of Catan. Two weekends in a row Ry and I have gotten together with our friends Kev and Alicia to play Settlers. Last saturday we made grapefruit margaritas (from a Barefoot Contessa cookbook) and nachos at home and enjoyed this game among friends. I will admit I got a little too bent out of shape about "resource allocation", which is essentially like being the banker. Thanks to all for putting up with me. It's nice just to be able to sit at home and be totally entertained for three hours by a board game that requires serious thinking and costs essentially nothing. So, anyway...after that long existential rant the other day, I've decided my simple declaration of the day is that margaritas are good and the occasional afterwork cocktail satisfies mightily.

Finally, for those of you that worry I may get too high brow at times, mini-series are alright as far as entertainment goes too.

We'll finish out our night by continuing the Pillars of the Earth mini-series via Netflix. Though this cheesy, cheesy mini-series does not do the Ken Follett book justice, it still works for me. In the words of my lovely husband, "I didn't expect Tom Builder to be so hunky!"


Barefoot Contessa Grapefruit Margaritas. I squeezed a lot of limes for those four simple drinks.

Awww, Kev lovingly displaying the nachos for blog purposes, what a friend!

1 comment: