Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Epic Battle With My Sewing Machine

My old supervisor, Matt, gave me a sewing machine for our wedding two and a half years ago. I finally took it out of the box and have been trying to teach myself how to sew. Well, sew something anyway. It's taken me about seven hours of fiddling around, but I have two panels of my kitchen curtain project sewn. They are far from perfect. The first one I sewed is about an inch shorter than the second and the pattern is crooked. However, they are finished, they are hanging and I feel accomplished. Never mind that it took several significant meltdowns. I now have something unique and handmade to show for them. I won't worry about fixing the wonky one until tomorrow!


Our new curtains hanging proud in the kitchen window.


Ry's big project of the past few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment