Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pesto-rific!

Our garden is starting to overflow with herbs. Ry decided to make pesto so none of that good basil would go to waste. He used a Cook's Illustrated recipe, of course. If anyone is interested I can send it your way.


Proud Pesto Papa!


Basil bounty. He only harvested roughly half the leaves.


Bruising the basil leaves.


Leaves chopped up. Recipe also calls for some parsley in order to help maintain color. It came from our garden as well.


Pecorino Romano, garlic cloves and toasty pine nuts.


Using our friends' food processor after breaking our second in less than a year. I think it's time to go high end. That'd be cheaper than getting a new one every six months.


Plopped into ice cube trays. This was the only part I helped with, unless you count eating shredded cheese or observing.


Silly face, but look at how green that stuff is. We use our empty Bonne Maman jars for everything!


Frozen pesto cubes. I had to pry them out carefully with a butter knife. They don't just pop out like you might imagine.


All bagged up and ready for the freezer.

1 comment:

  1. I wish my man was as organized and forward thinking as yours!!

    But you've inspired me now to not let our basil go to waste... thanks!

    ReplyDelete