Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bunnies Before A Snowstorm

Not much to say so far this week. I went to 10pm mass at St. Joan of Arc Chapel, one which I had never attended before. I was pleasantly surprised to find that our hall priest was presiding and also by the glorious voice of a scruffy looking male student who led the hymns. There is a woman who comes to the Joan of Arc mass each night carrying many bags and I can only assume that she's homeless. She was there again tonight. When I reached over to offer her a greeting she refused my hand but politely waved.

On my walk home I had almost reached our building when I saw something small dart by on the lawn out of the corner of my eye. I noticed one small bunny and then another intently munching on the lawn of the Henke Courtyard. I couldn't believe they'd still be out and around, especially on the night of a much hyped snow storm. Whenever I see these little animals around campus I marvel at the fact that they actually make it in the heart of such a bleak urban center. They bring me a little bit of hope. If they can make it, I can surely make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment