Thursday, March 25, 2010

Keeping The Faith

The last few days candidates who could replace me in my job have been on campus. It's not surprising, I knew they would come eventually. After all, I interviewed something like twenty people for the job when I was away at the conference. But now that they are here it's been a little bit hard for me to swallow, which I didn't anticipate. Showing my apartment, showing my office, asking interview questions at the very same table where I sit in meetings, really thinking about the fact that this very person I'm looking at may replace me - all of these things are nothing short of a reality check.

I've been looking forward to this change, but now that it's nearly upon us instead of looming off in the distance, I'm slightly terrified. At this point we have no place to live and I have no place to work. I've applied to nine jobs and have been rejected from two, with no word from the others yet. I have to remind myself to keep the faith. Ryan's been reminding me, but it's difficult at times. If there's order in the world, if God has a plan, then something will come to me. Just keep the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment