Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hello!

After posting countless photos of our cooking on Facebook, which I worry bore the masses, I've decided to start a blog to document Knudson family life. In part, I want a way to update friends and family about basic goings on. But I also hope that it will help me focus on the simple pleasures in domestic life.

Next to TV, traffic, iphones, and the career rat race, home life doesn't get much respect. Before I married Ryan, I didn't give it a lot of attention either. Home was just a place for me to sleep or sit up worrying about work, if I'm being truthful. I'm slowly realizing our home life is the only real thing we've got. So, it's my goal to elevate its status and highlight the pleasures of simple domestic life. I also hope to create a record of our life as it emerges into something new over the coming year - moving out of a res hall, purchasing a house, becoming more natural and self-sufficient, perhaps starting a family, who knows...

So, Our Crowded Mantel. What does that mean? Well, if you've ever been to the Knudson Casa you may have noticed that we collect little trinkets of our life for display - pictures, artwork from family, post cards, letters, road trip souveniers, natural bits (star fish, pine cones, reeds, rocks). Right now they are mostly collected on our bookshelf and our fridge. I hope that someday we'll have a fire place above which we can display our tiny treasures. A place where we can sit together, warm and cozy, talking and looking at all the things that remind us how good and simple life can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment