Sunday, March 27, 2011

New Vintage Finds

This weekend has been kind of a rough and emotional one for me, not sure why. I'm not the kind of person who engages in "retail therapy" as a rule. But today on my way to return the coffee pot fabric ream to Drawstring Studio, I stopped into the Tip-Top Atomic Shop in Bayview. I hoped to come away with a vintage clock for our kitchen, which I did and happily enough came away with two other finds that make me smile. I even threw in a copy of Atomic Ranch magazine! So, I guess on a bad day I will accept the dopamine boost that comes from purchasing stuff.

Slowly but surely we are outfitting our home with sweet, mid-century finds.


I started out my day with yummy, nummy fresh squeezed grapefruit juice. Unrelated to vintage items, I know.


Receipt from the Tip Top Atomic Shop!


Telechron wall clock circa 1950's.


Brand new West Bend Co. aluminum kitchen canister set, circa 1950's.


Absolutely awesome pink lamp, no info. Yes, we do have some work to do on the wall where our house's previous owner had her TV mounted. All in good time!

4 comments:

  1. Your house is so freaking awesome! I love the b&w kitchen floor I see peeking through at the edge of the photo =).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving what you're doing, Megan!! Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kelly! Thanks Beckie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also see our little cat sitting on the kitchen table randomly...which he is not supposed to do!

    ReplyDelete